Saturday, November 26, 2011

Cleansing Rain for a Heavy Heart

As I sit and listen to the rain, I think of the different descriptions of what rain makes us feel emotionally. It can make you feel gloomy and sad. It can also make you feel cozy and cuddly. We've needed rain for awhile as we've been in a drought. Which makes me think of the cleansing feeling rain can bring. I think of the song lyrics, "Lord send the rain, pour out your Spirit, let the fire fall, heal us one and all". My heart is in an awkward state. It is heavy and I need God's cleansing rain to refresh me.

I ask Him to hold me in His arms and carry me through today. To give me the strength to hide my sadness from others so that I don't bring them down also. To remind me of His power to overcome all darkness. To show me a glimmer of hope for today as I read His Word.

No comments: